Matthew Goodman's Personal Site
Engineering is what separates sci-fi and reality.
Here are some things I have done:
- 3Scan is a company I helped found. In 2019 it became a part of Strateos.
- Coup de Foudre is a group of artists, scientists, engineers, and mathematicians. We build large Tesla coils and other exotic high-power art. We do events at museums, Burning Man, and other venues.
- Github is the place that keep the software I develop.
- I have a portfolio with pretty pictures.
Here are some things I would like to do more of:
- Astrometry is the precise study of stars and other celestial bodies. I am in particular interested in tracking satellites and other human space artifacts.
- Plasma Physics specifically computational modeling and numerical control approaches to plasma control. Along side this comes a healthy interest in high power electronics and fusion.
- Generative PCB design, I love the idea of getting computers to do more of the heavy lifting on circuit design/layout. I have written my own EDA software to facilitate some strange designs.
- Computational Photography of the 5d lightfield that we all know and love. This includes satellite photography, time-lapse, IR/UV photography, super-macro, high-speed, and low light. I love my Sony a7SII. I have done more Canon hacking than is probably legal.
- Rail guns, because hoverbike. I intend to reproduce some work in this direction.
These are the people take inspiration from:
- Literature - Greg Egan, Neil Gaiman, Neal Stephenson, George Dyson, Vernor Vinge, Liu Cixin, Phillip K. Dick
- Cinema/TV - Ghost in the Shell, Rick and Morty, Existenz, Blade Runner
- Modern Scientists - Martine Rothblatt, Eric Chaisson, Ed Boyden, Karl Deisseroth, Robert Erdmann, Ed Catmull
- Historic Scientists - Von Nuemann, Tesla, Einstein, Marconi, Claussius